What information is an employer required to provide concerning SAP services to an employee who has a DOT drug and alcohol regulation violation?

An employer must provide to each employee (including an applicant or new employee) who violates a DOT drug and alcohol regulation a listing of SAPs readily available to the employee and acceptable to the employer, with names, addresses, and telephone numbers. The employer cannot charge the employee any fee for compiling or providing this list. The employer may provide this list or provide it through a C/TPA or other service agent.

Leave a Reply